The international Society for Complementary Medicine Research (ISCMR) has merged with The Canadian Interdisciplinary Network for Complementary and Alternative Medicine Research (INCAM) and held its first Canadian Conference in Toronto in November 2016.
For more information on Osteopathic research follow the links below:
OSTEOPATHY SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP
We are very happy to announce that INCAM_ISCMR now has a Special Interest Group for Osteopathic Research.
Osteopaths: If you are interested in:
- Sharing your research work
- Learning about the most recent research in osteopathy and in different CAM
- Collaboration with other researchers, teachers and clinicians all over the country
The Osteopathy_SIG is for you: osteopaths from all over the country, research supervisors and teachers from the COQ and CCO, students from different Canadian schools of osteopathy, as well as manual therapists, health care practitioners, researchers and consumers of osteopathic service can all benefit from membership. This SIG is an organization that supports research in osteopathy in Canada and promotes the diffusion of research. Osteopath-clinicians, teachers and students of different schools of osteopathy who have conducted research projects can access research methodologies and scientific gathering events to diffuse their results.
The new Osteopathy_SIG is committed to:
- Promoting knowledge transfer (research to clinic and clinic to research)
- Initiating the development of a research task force about osteopathy in Canada
- Fostering collaboration and networking with other complementary approach in the research field
- Creating a Canadian scientific osteopathic community
- Helping osteopaths (clinicians and students) in initiating and participating in research projects
The activities we engage in organizing:
- Research meetings
- Workshops or pre symposium activities
- Student poster contests
- Webinars on research methodology
- The development of a list of research resources and methodology resources
- Posting of new research publication in the osteopathic field on the web site
- To become an Osteopathy SIG member, please email the group co-leads: Chantal Morin chantal.morin@
usherbrooke.ca or Nathalie Trottier ntrottier@ consensioclinic.ca